Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Hi! It's Me!

For all my Atl fans, this is the correct blog. I'm still trying to finalize things, but you get the general idea.

If It's Tuesday, This Must Be Ashburn...
I stayed with my parents on Sunday, and with my sister last night. It was supposed to be easier for me to prepare for a new job, but, alas, everything fell apart. The first clue should have been that she hadn't set up a bed for me, but put me on the couch. Not a bad thing, I just expected a bit more. Second thing, when I went to shower in her extra bathroom, the shower knob didn't work, so I had to shower in her bathroom. But the biggest issue is that she lives SO FAR west, my commute today was 2 hours. We left the house at 7am, drove to the Metro Station and took the train. That sucks. Tomorrow we are taking a bus all the way downtown, another 2 hour joy ride.

I think on Friday, I'm staying with Mom and Dad, at least I can sleep a bit later. (They live a lot closer to DC)

Roommate
I went out to visit a potential roommate, and I'm thinking I might take the room. Actually 2 rooms, made into one. I'll have my own bathroom, and I'll get to keep the kitties. The commute will be a bit longer than I'd like, but I can do anything for 6 months. I'll be living close to a nice area where I can walk to stores and restaurants. I'll make up my mind tomorrow and move in this weekend. I'm tired of living out of my car and trying to find anything and everything. (Is it in the car? At My Parents? In the POD?

So The New Job
Today was the first day of the New Job. The subway stop is just across the street from the building I work in. The people seem very nice, friendly and helpful. I will be having some user meetings tomorrow, getting to know the people, the applications and the expectations. This will be interesting. My day started at 5:30am and it's almost over, as I'm beat. After not working for 6 months, my first day is a LONG one.

There is a book fair at the Library of Congress on Sept 27, can't tell you who the authors are, but what the hell? I may go. I've been told there's a wine festival in a week or two, so you KNOW I'll be there. I'm making a list of all that I want to do now that I'm home again, but it keeps growing. I've never been to Harper's Ferry WVa, never been down the canal in Georgetown, I want to go down to see all the redevelopment in SouthEast DC, near the Anacostia, to name a few. We added checking out the Dranesville Tavern, and maybe a few other things. I'll keep you posted.

More later, I'm tired.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, how about visiting your niece's new house? I don't have wine, but I do have mojitos as long as JC is more than arm's distance away.....
kisses,

Baby Niece

ILPDC said...

Glad to hear from you again!
hope you enjoy your new job. I hope you find a good place to live.
(Joy)

Anonymous said...

I'm finally back from vacation - glad you made it out of Atlanta and are at the new job!!!! Congrats!!!! Maybe someday we will come visit DC, I've never really been there.

Anonymous said...

Hey you! I'm sorry, I've been a little behind in reading blogs, caught up in my own little world. Glad to hear things are well, the move went well, and these temporary frustrations are only temporary! Good for you for going after what will make you happy. :) Good luck with the roommate situ! Did it work out?