Thursday, September 11, 2008

Just a Quick Note

I don't want to get into the habit of blogging at work, but on this day I think I should. I'm almost working at Ground Zero, not NYC, but Washington DC. The Pentagon isn't too far away, and the White House and Congress are within walking distance. The atmosphere today is somber. Traffic was a mess because of the dedication of the memorial at the Pentagon and they've closed some major routes to get to the city.

I was in Atlanta on 9/11/01 and I heard of the situation over the radio at work. I called my parents here in DC, and my sister left work that day as she was in the take off pattern of the plane that hit the Pentagon. Many people know people that were killed that day. It gives it a more human angle.

So how much safer are we today? Well, they may not be able to hijack an airplane, but they can definately effect something as important as the food sources. Makes you think.

Anyway, say a prayer today for the families effected in 9/11, kiss you family and/or friends and enjoy being alive.

More later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

seriously, 2 weeks? Write already.

Anonymous said...

she gets a job & never blogs anymore......
Hey Nancy - I hope all is going well up north!!!!!!