Thursday, January 15, 2009

Oh For The Days of Boredom

One thing I've learned, Shit just keeps on happening. I remember, not too long ago, how bored I was and stuck in a rut. Oh, for a quiet rut.

Here's what I'm dealing with, not necessarily in any order:

1. I still don't have a job. I interviewed yesterday for a position with another company on the same project I was working on at the LOC before, just different. I'd love to go back, but the project had some major issues, and I'm not sure I want to deal with them... But then, a paycheck is a good thing.

2. Atlanta has had a lot of rain recently (after a 5 year drought) and then high winds. I heard this week that I've had several trees fall on my house in Atlanta. I'll say more after I talk with the insurance company.
Looks like a trek to the ATL may be in order. (see #3) God knows how much this will cost me.
3. The transmission in my car needs to be replaced. I drive a 2002 Honda Accord SE, and it seems that 2002 Honda's have had problems with their transmissions. Honda recalled the 2001 transmission (I think) and the transmission on the 2002 Accord 6 cylinder, but not on the regular Accord. So they will pay $1 under 1/2 of the cost to replace it. I've only got 85K miles on it. But because it was 'discovered' in November, the offer to replace it is only good until January 31. That's $1500 out of pocket.
4. I've had to reduce the price of the house by $10K. It's still for sale and mortgage is due in February.
5. I can't seem to get on any schedule for working out. I've gone to the gym, I used to bike ride, but at 22 degrees, it's a bit cold for that. The county has some recreation centers to work out at, for $8 a visit (I remember when it was free for county residents), but getting there is a problem.
And I'm gaining weight.
6. My Mom has been having problems walking these past few months, and she finally got an MRI last week. They discovered something and she had to go in for a CAT scan yesterday, and now she has to go in for a biopsy. She's already given up and decided she's got spinal cancer. My Dad has also given up, he can't do anything without her. He's got to go in today for a check up on his pacemaker and possibly more surgery. They BOTH are going to the doctor tomorrow and I want to make sure we all get MAJOR doses of Prozac. I understand that people probably get to the point where you are just tired of living, but I'm not ready to make that decision. I'm not ready to stop living, but I'm stuck here with people who are. (All this just happened this morning. What fun)
I remember just a few short months ago, all I had to worry about was playing with the kitties and the computer and getting out to socialize.
Something should crack in a few days, we'll see.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bummer about the trees on the house, if I was ever over on that side of town, I'd check it out, but I rarely leave Marietta. If you can get the house sold only reducing it $10,000 be thankful. It is in a fairly good location, hopefully someone will bite soon.